Treatments > Instructions
• How to prepare
• Dental anxiety
• Consent to treatment
Dental anxiety is a common reaction to uncertain situation.
To help you relax before and during your dental treatment:
• Tell us about your fear. Bringing your worries out
into the open will help us design the best treatment and pace it to
suit your needs.
• Schedule your visits when you are not rushed or tired - consider
early morning or Saturday when you are less stressed out.
Get a good night's sleep the night before and eat light meals the day
before your appointment.
Wear loose, comfortable clothes. Avoid wearing tight collars or clothes
that will restrict your movement.
• Use a signal - such as raising your hand - to indicate you are
feeling discomfort or need a break from a procedure.
• Bring your favorite CD and listen to music you enjoy. Try visualization
- focusing on a relaxing scene from a favorite vacation spot and holding
it before your "mind's eye" during treatment.
• Talk to Dr. Kiurtsidis about medications that
are available to create more relaxed, comfortable dental visits.